Field Leader Institute
May 16-18, 2017
December 5-7, 2017
What is the FMI Field Leader Institute?
Complexity and change are constant challenges in today’s business environment, especially in the construction/design industry. Now, more than ever, your company needs strong, effective field leaders. You need skills, self-awareness and the ability to engender trust and respect from those you lead.
FMI Field Leader Institute is a tightly structured three-day program in which industry professionals examine themselves and the impact they have on their organizations through a variety of hands-on, interactive experiences. Attendees will:
- Receive personal assessments for individual development
- Encounter experiential leadership activities
- Learn how to give and receive effective feedback
- Discover the importance of building trust to form high performing teams
- Understand the power of field leaders
- Realize the essential leadership skills for field leaders
Who Should Attend?
- General Superintendents
- General Foremen
- Leaders with responsibilities at the field level
* Please note: FMI Program and Course schedule is subject to change without notice.
Benefits of Attending
The Field Leader Institute provides benefits on both an individual and an organizational level. As a leader of your company, you will:
- Learn how you can reach your peak potential as a leader
- Gain a deep understanding of your leadership strengths and opportunities for growth through 360 feedback and other assessments
- Obtain a clearer understanding of your leadership effectiveness from coaching and feedback from Institute staff and industry peers
- Discover specific “next steps” to improving your leadership performance from a personal plan of action
- Advance your professional development when you receive a certificate of completion for continuing education credits
Sending current and future leaders of your organization to the Field Leader Institute will:
- Lower the risk of your business by building a deep pipeline of field leaders
- Enhance your organization’s ability to execute on projects
- Increase engagement and organizational loyalty
- Develop the capacity for your field leaders to step into roles of greater responsibility and impact
- Increase the ability of your field leaders to positively influence project stakeholders
The price for the Field Leader Institute is $5,700 per attendee.
The Voices of FMI's Clients:
"This program is an eye opener. You may think you are a 10 at something and are really only a 5. I met a lot of people and I learned a lot from all these people."
— Sam Kossak, Superintendent, Jamar
"To become a better leader. To learn their strengths and weaknesses. The company believes in us enough to give us this great opportunity."
— Bob Durbin, Project Superintendent, API
"This program will have a ten-fold return on your investment."
— Harry Dille, Superintendent, API Construction
“I think it is a great program for anybody but especially for the up and coming leaders. Just being able to reflect on what I need to continue doing to grow as a leader.”
— Dion Beneke, Supt., ICI