"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is
true wisdom. Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."
– Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching)
What Are Leadership Assessments?
Assessing your individual strengths and areas for improvement is the best way to gain self-awareness as a leader. The more self-aware you are, the better you can lead yourself and others. Individual assessments can also help you assess and select the next generation of leadership within your organization by providing an objective lens when evaluating leadership potential.
Why Are Leadership Assessments Important?
Individual assessments are excellent for helping you:
- Determine how effective you are as a leader
- Identify your innate strengths as a leader
- Clarify your opportunities for growth
- Learn how others view your leader effectiveness
- Create your personalized development plan
- Select the next generation of leadership in your organization
What Types of Individual Assessments Can I Take?
In order to provide you with a comprehensive individual assessment, FMI’s Center for Strategic Leadership provides the following types of assessments:
- Based on your leadership success profile, FMI will build a customized assessment battery for your Executive Selection needs. The assessment battery is based on the job description and critical competencies of the position.
- Your Executive Selection reports will be a combination of personality, critical thinking and leadership potential assessments.
- All assessments used with Executive selection are validated for use in making personnel decisions such as hiring or promotion.
Understanding your own natural abilities as a leader is a great way to learn more about yourself and gain self-awareness. A natural ability assessment helps:
- Define your natural individual abilities
- Determine your optimal learning channels
- Recognize how to leverage your unique strengths
- Minimize tasks that do not come natural to you
- Outline the best career options for you
- Assess your level of career satisfaction
Personality assessments will help you understand what your personal preferences are related to how you perceive the world, your work style and decision-making. By taking a personality assessment, you will learn:
- What your personality type is
- How you can leverage your individual strengths at work and in your personal life
- Ways to overcome challenges associated with your preferences
- How to identify differences in your preferences and the preferences of others
FMI’s customized 360° survey is a multi-rater assessment where you will receive confidential, anonymous feedback from the people you work with on a frequent basis. By gathering information from a variety of people who anonymously provide ratings and comments on your skills, knowledge, ability, and behavioral areas, FMI is able to provide you with a comprehensive report that helps you to understand your strengths and weaknesses. Your feedback will allow you to improve and grow personally and professionally. The feedback you receive can come from:
- Direct Reports