Leadership Institute Training
The FMI Leadership Institute has been developing the industry’s current and future leaders since 1996. With a network of over 6,000 alum and 700+ organizations from the A/E/C industry, the Leadership Institute provides a world-class experience for individual growth and peer learning. FMI’s keystone program for the industry has always had the same goal – to build a better future for the construction industry by developing exceptional leaders, one at a time!
Open Dates for Registration
|April 10-13, 2017|
|May 22-25, 2017|
|July 24-27, 2017|
|September 11-14, 2017|
|October 9-12, 2017|
|November 13-16, 2017|
* Please note: FMI Program and Course schedule is subject to change without notice.
What is the Leadership Institute?
The Leadership Institute is a four-day experience that gives you personal insight into your unique leadership style. You will learn how your leadership style impacts others as well as your organization through highly interactive discussions and feedback.
While interacting with other leaders within the A/E/C/ industry, you will have five different types of experiences at the Leadership Institute:
- Personal assessment and individual development
- Experiential leadership opportunities
- A small-group construction company simulation
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- Essential leadership skills development
Why Should I Attend the Leadership Institute?
The Leadership Institute provides benefits on both an individual and an organizational level. As a leader of your company, you will:
- Learn how to reach your peak potential as a leader
- Gain a deep understanding of your leadership strengths and areas for improvement through formal assessments
- Clearly understand your leadership effectiveness from coaching and feedback during the program
- Create a strong action plan to help improve your leadership performance
- Receive a certificate of completion for continuing education credits
Sending current and future leaders of your organization to the Leadership Institute will help your organization by:
- Lowering the risk of your business by building a deep pipeline of leaders
- Enhancing your ability to execute strategic growth initiatives
- Increasing employee engagement and retention
- Developing your leaders so they can take on roles with greater responsibility and impact
The Voices of FMI's Clients:
"I don't think any one week has taught me more about my professional life than this did 7 years ago. I highly recommend it."
— Joshua Stockwell, CSP ARM, Ulliman Schutte Construction
"This course really makes the connection between the theoretical management and real-life experience on the job."
— Steven Johnson, VP, Swinerton Builders
"The Leadership Institute is an extremely valuable tool for you to utilize for your personal and professional growth. The best part of the Leadership Institute is the insight you gain into the person you are and how you can get to where you are the person you'd like to be."
— Jeff Theien, Operations Manager, William Charles
The price for the Leadership Institute is $8,695 per attendee.