"A boat doesn't go forward if each one is rowing their own way."
- Swahili proverb
What Are Team Assessments?
Team assessments are the best way to objectively identify your team's strengths and areas for improvement. Understanding your team on a deep level will help you identify barriers to peak performance. It will provide clarity and understanding for why you are experiencing success (i.e. operating at a peak level) or facing setbacks and difficulties. The results of your team assessment will provide insight that will inform team training and development.
Why Are Team Assessments Important?
Team assessments will help you and your team:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the team
- Clarify points of conflict and dissatisfaction
- Learn why certain personalities clash on your team
- Create personalized action plans
- Develop current and future team members
What Types of Team Assessments Can I Take?
FMI' Center for Strategic Leadership will provide you with a comprehensive team assessment in any area you need. Some common team assessment areas include: