Construction Executive Institute
January 25-28, 2016 | Raleigh, NC
April 11-14, 2016 | Denver, CO
|Registration not yet open|
The Next Step in Your Executive Development
Owners and senior executives spend a lifetime learning the lessons needed to keep their companies from paying the high price of a bad decision. Learning these lessons on the job is extremely risky and expensive.
FMI has designed the Construction Executive Institute to develop this knowledge using the intense, experience-based Construction ProfitAbility™ simulation. Coaching from FMI’s industry experts and interactive workshops challenge each participant to take his/her lessons learned straight to the bottom line.This senior-level, immersion experience is built around four core themes:
- Developing and maintaining profitable, long-term business success
- Evaluating and mitigating enterprise risks
- Understanding and mastering financial control of your business
- Bidding and preparing for profitable projects
FMI Construction ProfitAbility™ Simulation
This intensive, interactive simulation allows teams to compete against one another to produce the highest return on investment possible. The program simulates a real company allowing participants to experiment (and potentially fail) with managing projects, people and money in order to give them the experience they need to become an industry leader and business manager.
Please contact Michelle Anysz, Signature Program Manager for more information 919.785.9298
Benefits of Attending
- Improve your ability to evaluate and promote outstanding project performance leading to more effective control and higher margins.
- Expand your business acumen with the skills needed to run the business more effectively.
- Enhance your confidence to make sound and timely business decisions based upon sound strategy.
- Leverage your contribution and value to your firm by increasing your understanding of financial statements and learn to effectively interpret and communicate their meaning.
Who Should Attend (Project Manager Academy may be required)
- Operations Managers/Operation Officers
- Construction Managers/Division Managers/Business Unit Managers
- Vice Presidents
- Chief Operating Officers
- General Superintendents
- Chief Financial Officers
- Field Supervisors
- Senior Project Managers and Advanced Project Managers
This course is also encouraged for other operations-minded project staff, high potentials, emerging leaders and Division and business unit managers.
There is benefit in having several supervisory-level team members experience the Construction Executive Institute. The principles will multiply throughout your organization. Companies send their team members in groups to foster greater cohesion and accountability.
7:45 a.m. — 5:30 p.m.
Dinner not provided
8:00 a.m. — 7:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. — 7:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.
Transportation to airport provided if needed
We will have coffee, bottled water, and sodas provided during the day. Lunch will be catered each day and snacks will be available between meals. Dinner is catered in every night with the exception of the first evening when you are encouraged to enjoy exploring local restaurants with your team members.
Proactive Financial Management Skills
- Interpret your business financials to make purposeful decisions
- Begin to think like a business unit leader
Strategies for Managing a Profitable Portfolio
- Analyze the marketplace and determine which projects are best for your business
- Structure your business so you can win the projects that are most profitable
Project Communication and Key Performance Indicators
- Focus on your financial results to know whether you will win or lose
- Communicate on all parts of the business process from strategy, bidding, completing and results
Construction Business Development
- See the value of investing in business development as a long term, ongoing process
- Differentiate your company from others and stop competing on price-only projects
Executive Presentation Skills
- Improve your public speaking capabilities through regular financial presentations
- Communicate what your financial results mean with a deeper understanding
We are excited to know you will be joining us for our Construction Executive Institute. Although the academy will be intense, we are confident you will enjoy meeting and learning from other project managers, learning more about your project management capabilities; as well as discovering how to become a project leader. Following contains logistical information and pre-work requirements to get you started.
Work Begins Before Attending
There is one prerequisite you need to complete prior to attending – the ProScan® Assessment. You will receive a separate email with link for the assessments.
The ProScan® Assessment is administered over the internet. Your ID and password will be provided to you via email. The assessment should take about 10 minutes to complete.
ProScan® reports measure:
- How a person functions most naturally
- The role a person feels they need to play
- How a person predictably comes across to others
- Energy resources
- Satisfaction index
- Stress levels
- Energy drain
Travel & Accommodations
When making flight arrangements, please plan to arrive the day before the start date, as Construction Executive Institute begins at 7:45 a.m. the first day. Departure flights should be booked no earlier than 5:30 p.m. on the final day. If a departure flight is not available after 5:30 p.m. to your return destination, you have the option to stay at the hotel an additional night at your expense.
The program is held at the FMI Training Center. Daily transportation between the FMI Training Center and the Renaissance Raleigh North Hills will be provided.
FMI Training Center
5171 Glenwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27612
FMI has reserved a block of rooms at the host hotel. We urge you to make your reservations as soon as you register for the program as the room block does fill quickly. Please call the hotel directly and ask for the "FMI Room Block" or you may make your reservation on line at Renaissance Reservations. You will need to take a taxi to the hotel upon arrival as the hotel does not provide a shuttle service. Estimated taxi fare is $45 one way. If you want to explore other venues later at night, you may want to rent a car or you can take a taxi. The hotel is located in the North Hills District with many shopping, dining and entertainment options.
Renaissance Raleigh North Hills
4100 Main at North Hills Street
Raleigh, NC 27609
Fees, Cancellation and Policies
The tuition includes all seminar instruction and materials, a certificate of completion and all meals except one dinner. Lodging is not included.
The registration fee for Construction Executive Institute is:
- $7,000 for the first attendee
- $6,500 for each additional attendee in the same session from the same company
For tuition and registration information, please contact:
Mary Bjelica at 919.785.9273 between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
If you need to cancel your registration, please note that you will be subject to a $395 administrative cancellation fee per registrant. We need to receive your written cancellation at least five business days before the program in order to refund your remaining tuition. Otherwise, your tuition will be converted to a nonrefundable credit you may apply toward any FMI program for a full year. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your cancellation request.
Please note: If FMI cancels the event, your registration fee will be refunded. However, FMI cannot be held accountable for nonrefundable airline tickets or other expenses related to your travel to the event.
For questions regarding FMI's cancellation policy, please call 800.877.1364.
FMI reserves the right to change, add or cancel programs according to the needs of the industry.
If you would like to make any name changes or substitute participants please email us at email@example.com. Substitutions can be made up to five business days prior to the start of the program.
Dress for the program is business casual. Weather in Raleigh varies. We recommend that you check the weather for the area prior to packing. Click here to see a 10-day forecast.
After 60 years of helping the construction industry enhance performance, productivity, and profitability, we believe you will return home with the tools and information to make a difference in your work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please inform us by calling 800.877.1364. We will refund your tuition or give you a credit to use at another FMI program.
Continuing Education Credits
You can earn up to 28 hours of continuing education credits by completing the program. A certificate of completion will be awarded to you at the conclusion of the program. You may use this certificate for self-reporting purposes to many state and local continuing education entities.
FMI Corporation is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org.
Group Live | Advanced | Complete assessment prior to attending
What the Attendees Are Saying...
- “If you take personal and professional development seriously, then I would strongly urge you to make the investments in the CEI program by FMI.” — Project Executive, Landis Construction Co., LLC
- “If you are looking to invest in your people, this is without a doubt an amazing opportunity to get real return on that investment.” — Vice President – Birmingham Branch, David Allen Company
- “I came to this seminar with an objective of thinking like a business leader/owner rather than a senior project manager. This seminar met that objective. Awesome!” — Senior Project Manager, Warfel Construction Company
- “The CEI program is very hands on, which provides a high level of learning and understanding.” — Senior Project Manager, C.C. Myers Inc.
- “The program gives you a much better understanding of how your business is interconnected.” — Senior Project Manager, Branch & Associates, Inc.
- "[Construction Executive Institute] was a very positive experience for our guys. They came back ready to move into positions of greater responsibility ... and begin a new generation at the helm ... the course was of great benefit to these two young men." — Vice President of Operations, Henry Carlson Company
- "The FMI instructors were very knowledgeable and informative. At first I had a real concern that this class would be a “text book” class… I was wrong. The information was real, relevant, and represented peers in our industry." — Project Manager, C.C. Myers, Inc.
- "I found the participants in their bosses’ offices, raving about what they were learning and how much fun they had, while admitting how hard it was. Difficult and rewarding, that is a successful training." — Vice President, Human Resources, LPCiminelli, Inc.
- “The whole experience was OUTSTANDING!” — Senior Project Manager, Henry Carlson Company, Inc.
- “Wonderful opportunity to develop executive skills through a no pressure, fun experience.” — Vice President – Administration & Finance, Landis Construction Co., LLC
- “Andy was very passionate about the content/topic and kept audience interested.” — Senior Project Manager, Nova Group
- “This program does elevate PM’s to a higher level” — Project Manager, Sargent Corporation
- “If you want to advance, this is the course to take.” — Project Manager, Consigli Construction
- “Never be comfortable with your current status. Continuous improvement is critical to staying competitive.” — Senior Project Manager, The Lemoine Company, LLC
- “[Others should attend] to add to their personal/career toolbox. The skills learned will set you apart from your peers.” — Assistant Vice President – PM, T.A. Loving Company
- “[The most valuable part of the course was] seeing the big picture and realizing the effect on the whole company.” — Senior Project Manager, Universal Limited, Inc.