Construction Executive Institute
December 6-9, 2016 | Raleigh, NC
February 20-23, 2017 | Raleigh, NC
April 4-7, 2017 | Orlando, FL
|Explore FMI’s Signature Programs Infographic|
The Next Step in Your Executive Development
Owners and senior executives spend a lifetime learning the lessons needed to keep their companies from paying the high price of a bad decision. Learning these lessons on the job is extremely risky and expensive.
FMI has designed the Construction Executive Institute to develop this knowledge using the intense, experience-based Construction ProfitAbility™ simulation. Coaching from FMI’s industry experts and interactive workshops challenge each participant to take his/her lessons learned straight to the bottom line.This senior-level, immersion experience is built around four core themes:
- Developing and maintaining profitable, long-term business success
- Evaluating and mitigating enterprise risks
- Understanding and mastering financial control of your business
- Bidding and preparing for profitable projects
FMI Construction ProfitAbility™ Simulation
This intensive, interactive simulation allows teams to compete against one another to produce the highest return on investment possible. The program simulates a real company allowing participants to experiment (and potentially fail) with managing projects, people and money in order to give them the experience they need to become an industry leader and business manager.
For more information, please contact...
Program Owner: Andy Patron | 919.785.9239
Registration/Program Information: Michelle Anysz | 919.785.9298
Pre-Course Work and Assessments: Jenny Albright | 919.785.9303
Logistics (hotel, program transportation, etc.): Erin White | 919.785.9227
* Please note: FMI Program and Course schedule is subject to change without notice.
Benefits of Attending
- Improve your ability to evaluate and promote outstanding project performance leading to more effective control and higher margins.
- Expand your business acumen with the skills needed to run the business more effectively.
- Enhance your confidence to make sound and timely business decisions based upon sound strategy.
- Leverage your contribution and value to your firm by increasing your understanding of financial statements and learn to effectively interpret and communicate their meaning.
Who Should Attend
CEI is designed for those who wish to develop individual business acumen that will drive financial results for the business unit and company. Examples include:
- Business Unit Managers
- Recent/Future C-level Status
- General Superintendents/Field Supervisors
- Senior or Advanced Project Managers
- Operations Managers/Operations Officers
- Construction Managers/Division Managers/Business Unit Managers
This program is also encouraged for other operations-minded project staff, high potentials and emerging leaders.
There is benefit in having several supervisory-level team members experience the Construction Executive Institute. The principles will multiply throughout your organization. Companies send their team members in groups to foster greater cohesion and accountability. If you have additional questions or need clarification, please reach out to the program director to discuss which program would be most beneficial to you.
7:45 a.m. — 5:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. — 7:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. — 7:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.
Proactive Financial Management Skills
- Interpret your business financials to make purposeful decisions
- Begin to think like a business unit leader
Strategies for Managing a Profitable Portfolio
- Analyze the marketplace and determine which projects are best for your business
- Structure your business so you can win the projects that are most profitable
Project Communication and Key Performance Indicators
- Focus on your financial results to know whether you will win or lose
- Communicate on all parts of the business process from strategy, bidding, completing and results
Construction Business Development
- See the value of investing in business development as a long term, ongoing process
- Differentiate your company from others and stop competing on price-only projects
Executive Presentation Skills
- Improve your public speaking capabilities through regular financial presentations
- Communicate what your financial results mean with a deeper understanding
We are excited to know you will be joining us for our Construction Executive Institute. Although the academy will be intense, we are confident you will enjoy meeting and learning from other project managers, learning more about your project management capabilities; as well as discovering how to become a project leader. Following contains logistical information and pre-work requirements to get you started.
Work Begins Before Attending
There is one prerequisite you need to complete prior to attending – the ProScan® Assessment. You will receive a separate email with link for the assessments.
The ProScan® Assessment is administered over the internet. Your ID and password will be provided to you via email. The assessment should take about 10 minutes to complete.
ProScan® reports measure:
- How a person functions most naturally
- The role a person feels they need to play
- How a person predictably comes across to others
- Energy resources
- Satisfaction index
- Stress levels
- Energy drain
Travel - Venue - Accommodations
When making flight arrangements, please plan to arrive the day before the start date, as Construction Executive Institute begins at 7:45 a.m. the first day. Departure flights should be booked no earlier than 5:30 p.m. on the final day. If a departure flight is not available after 5:30 p.m. to your return destination, you have the option to stay at the hotel an additional night at your expense.
Denver Venue and Accommodations - October 10-13, 2016
The Construction Executive Institute program will be held at the Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park
16455 E. 40th Circle
Aurora, CO 80011
- Shuttle service is available to and from the DEN airport every 30 minutes
- Room Rate is $179. Plus taxes
- Reservations should be made by attendees directly online via the Marriott website reservations or call Marriott reservations at 800-228-9290. The Event name is "FMI Corporation Denver Meeting Oct 2016"
Reservation cut-off date is Monday, September 19, 2016
If you choose to stay at a different hotel you will be responsible for providing your own transportation to/from the Denver Airport Marriott at Gateway Park. Reservations requested after the cut-off date, or after the room block is filled, will be made solely based on availability and at the prevailing rate.
Raleigh Venue and Accommodations - December 6-9, 2016
The first three days of the Construction Executive Institute program are held at the FMI Training Center (5171 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27612). The last day of the program will be held at the Renaissance Raleigh North Hills (4100 Main at North Hills Street Raleigh, NC 27609).
FMI has reserved a block of rooms at the Renaissance Raleigh North Hills. We urge you to make your reservations as soon as you register for the program as the room block does fill quickly. Book Online: Renaissance Raleigh North Hills - or - Call 919-571-8773 ask for the "Construction Executive Institute" room block. Reservation cut-off date is November 7, 2016.
Renaissance Raleigh North Hills
4100 Main at North Hills Street
Raleigh, NC 27609
You will need to take a taxi to the hotel upon arrival as the hotel does not provide a shuttle service. Estimated taxi fare is $45 one way. If you want to explore other venues later at night, you may want to rent a car or you can take a taxi.
Daily transportation between the FMI Training Center and the Renaissance Hotel will be provided. Pick up on the first morning will be at 7:15 a.m. outside the hotel main lobby. Be sure to look for the vans with the "White Horse" logo.
A buffet breakfast is available at the hotel for $15.99, or you may choose to try one of the many nearby restaurants. We will have coffee, bottled water, and sodas provided during the day. Lunch will be provided each day and dinner is catered in every night with the exception of the first evening when you are encouraged to enjoy exploring local restaurants with your team members. The hotel is located in the North Hills District with many shopping, dining and entertainment options.
The last day of the program will be held at the Renaissance. If you choose to stay at a different hotel you will be responsible for providing your own transportation to/from the training center and the Renaissance hotel on the last day. Shuttle transportation to the airport on the final day is provided if needed.
Fees, Cancellation and Policies
The tuition includes all seminar instruction and materials, a certificate of completion and all meals except one dinner. Lodging is not included.
The registration fee for Construction Executive Institute is:
- $7,000 for the first attendee
- $6,500 for each additional attendee in the same session from the same company
For tuition and registration information, please contact:
Michelle Anysz at 919.785.9298
If you need to cancel your registration, please note that you will be subject to a $395 administrative cancellation fee per registrant. We need to receive your written cancellation at least five business days before the program in order to refund your remaining tuition. Otherwise, your tuition will be converted to a nonrefundable credit you may apply toward any FMI program for a full year. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your cancellation request.
Please note: If FMI cancels the event, your registration fee will be refunded. However, FMI cannot be held accountable for nonrefundable airline tickets or other expenses related to your travel to the event.
For questions regarding FMI's cancellation policy, please call 800.877.1364.
FMI reserves the right to change, add or cancel programs according to the needs of the industry.
If you would like to make any name changes or substitute participants please email us at email@example.com. Substitutions can be made up to five business days prior to the start of the program.
After 60 years of helping the construction industry enhance performance, productivity, and profitability, we believe you will return home with the tools and information to make a difference in your work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please inform us by calling 800.877.1364. We will refund your tuition or give you a credit to use at another FMI program.
Continuing Education Credits
You can earn up to 28 hours of continuing education credits by completing the program. A certificate of completion will be awarded to you at the conclusion of the program. You may use this certificate for self-reporting purposes to many state and local continuing education entities.
FMI Corporation is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org.
Group Live | Advanced | Complete assessment prior to attending
What the Attendees Are Saying...
“The CEI simulation program is excellent for employees in all levels of an organization. From the instructors to the content to the participants, the experience was invaluable and very relevant to real world success”. - Erick Lacy, Senior Project Manager, Consigli Construction Co., Inc.
- “[The Construction Executives Institute is for] anyone who needs to learn more about the financial aspects of how to run a business and how seemingly small decisions (about labor, equipment, or even decision to bid or not) have a large and lasting effect.” - Harvey Swift, Vice President of Operations, Bennett Steel, Inc.
- “[The Construction Executives Institute allows attendees] to gain valuable understanding of many, if not all aspects of running a construction business.” - Chris Herbert, Business Development Manager, Snyder-Builds
- “The Construction Executives Institute is crucial for future company leaders. The take away from this course was important to my future success.” - Randy Mabie, Business Manager, J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc.
- “[The Construction Executives Institute allows attendees] to achieve a better understanding of overall business finance and profitability as it relates to decisions or actions by other departments.” - Chris Yokum, TSI Exterior Wall Systems, Inc.
- “[Others should consider the Construction Executives Institute program because] A majority of construction employees view their work on a project level and do not see the birds eye view and how each project affects the company.” - Steven Lamp, Secretary/Treasurer and Owner, Lamp Incorporated