Construction Executive Institute
February 20-23, 2017
April 4-7, 2017
June 27-30, 2017
August 29-September 1, 2017
The FMI Program and Course Schedule is subject to change without notice.
About the Program
The Next Step in Your Executive Development
Owners and senior executives spend a lifetime learning the lessons needed to keep their companies from paying the high price of a bad decision. Learning these lessons on the job is extremely risky and expensive.
FMI has designed the Construction Executive Institute to develop this knowledge using the intense, experience-based Construction ProfitAbility™ simulation. Coaching from FMI’s industry experts and interactive workshops challenge each participant to take his/her lessons learned straight to the bottom line.This senior-level, immersion experience is built around four core themes:
- Developing and maintaining profitable, long-term business success
- Evaluating and mitigating enterprise risks
- Understanding and mastering financial control of your business
- Bidding and preparing for profitable projects
FMI Construction ProfitAbility™ Simulation
This intensive, interactive simulation allows teams to compete against one another to produce the highest return on investment possible. The program simulates a real company allowing participants to experiment (and potentially fail) with managing projects, people and money in order to give them the experience they need to become an industry leader and business manager.
Who Is CEI for?
CEI is designed for those who wish to develop individual business acumen that will drive financial results for the business unit and company. Examples include:
- Business Unit Managers
- Recent/Future C-level Status
- General Superintendents/Field Supervisors
- Senior or Advanced Project Managers
- Operations Managers/Operations Officers
- Construction Managers/Division Managers
This program is also encouraged for other operations-minded project staff, high potentials and emerging leaders.
There is benefit in having several supervisory-level team members experience the Construction Executive Institute. The principles will multiply throughout your organization. Companies send their team members in groups to foster greater cohesion and accountability.
- Improve your ability to evaluate and promote outstanding project performance leading to more effective control and higher margins.
- Expand your business acumen with the skills needed to run the business more effectively.
- Enhance your confidence to make sound and timely business decisions based upon sound strategy.
- Leverage your contribution and value to your firm by increasing your understanding of financial statements and learn to effectively interpret and communicate their meaning.
For over 60 years, FMI has served the engineering and construction infrastructure and the built environment as a trusted advisor. FMI’s Construction Executive Institute instructors are committed to bringing their talents, energy and passion together to develop world-class project delivery experts in the construction industry. The faculty includes senior-level FMI staff who possess both project and financial management knowledge and experience. In addition to coaching at the Construction Executive Institute, the instructors are highly respected consultants, authors and thought leaders in the construction industry around the world.
7:45 a.m. — 5:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. — 7:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. — 7:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.
Proactive Financial Management Skills
- Interpret your business financials to make purposeful decisions
- Begin to think like a business unit leader
Strategies for Managing a Profitable Portfolio
- Analyze the marketplace and determine which projects are best for your business
- Structure your business so you can win the projects that are most profitable
Project Communication and Key Performance Indicators
- Focus on your financial results to know whether you will win or lose
- Communicate on all parts of the business process from strategy, bidding, completing and results
Construction Business Development
- See the value of investing in business development as a long term, ongoing process
- Differentiate your company from others and stop competing on price-only projects
Executive Presentation Skills
- Improve your public speaking capabilities through regular financial presentations
- Communicate what your financial results mean with a deeper understanding
CEI – Before Attending
There is one prerequisite you need to complete prior to attending – the Proscan® Assessment. You will receive a separate email with the link for this assessment, which should take about 10 minutes to complete.
The ProScan® Assessment is administered over the internet. Your ID and password will be provided to you via email. The assessment should take about 10 minutes to complete and is due two weeks prior to the CEI course date.
ProScan® reports measure:
- How a person functions most naturally
- The role a person feels they need to play
- How a person predictably comes across to others
- Energy resources
- Satisfaction index
- Stress levels
- Energy drain
Travel | Venue | Accommodations
When making flight arrangements, please plan to arrive the day before the start date, as Construction Executive Institute begins at 7:45 a.m. the first day. Departure flights should be booked no earlier than 5:30 p.m. on the final day. If a departure flight is not available after 5:30 p.m. to your return destination, you have the option to stay at the hotel an additional night at your expense.
Venue | Accommodations
Construction Executive Institute | February 20-23, 2017
The first three days of the Construction Executive Institute program are held at the FMI Training Center | Address: 5171 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27612
The last day of the program will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Crabtree Valley | Address: 3912 Arrow Drive, Raleigh, NC 27612
For more information on logistics and booking your lodging visit our webpage
Construction Executive Institute | April 4-7, 2017
The Construction Executive Institute will take place at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal | Address: 7800 Universal Boulevard Orlando, Florida 32819
For more information on logistics and booking your lodging visit our webpage
Fees, Cancellation and Policies
The tuition includes all program instruction, materials and certificate of completion for continuing education credit. Lodging is not included. Please see the registration website for logistical information, including course location, lodging, transportation and meals provided during the program.
The registration fee for Construction Executive Institute is:
- $7,000 for the first attendee
- $6,500 for each additional attendee in the same session from the same company
For tuition and registration information, please contact:
Michelle Anysz at 919.785.9298
If you need to cancel your registration, please note that you will be subject to a $395 administrative cancellation fee per registrant. We need to receive your written cancellation at least five business days before the program in order to refund your remaining tuition. Otherwise, your tuition will be converted to a nonrefundable credit you may apply toward any FMI program for a full year. Please email us at email@example.com to submit your cancellation request.
Please note: If FMI cancels the event, your registration fee will be refunded. However, FMI cannot be held accountable for nonrefundable airline tickets or other expenses related to your travel to the event.
For questions regarding FMI's cancellation policy, please call 1.800.669.1364.
FMI reserves the right to change, add or cancel programs according to the needs of the industry.
If you would like to make any name changes or substitute participants please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitutions can be made up to five business days prior to the start of the program.
After 60 years of helping the construction industry enhance performance, productivity, and profitability, we believe you will return home with the tools and information to make a difference in your work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please inform us by calling 1.800.669.1364. We will refund your tuition or give you a credit to use at another FMI program.
Continuing Education Credits
You can earn up to 28 hours of continuing education credits by completing the program. A certificate of completion will be awarded to you at the conclusion of the program. You may use this certificate for self-reporting purposes to many state and local continuing education entities.
FMI Corporation is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org.
Group Live | Advanced | Complete assessment prior to attending
What the Attendees Are Saying...
- “The CEI simulation program is excellent for employees in all levels of an organization. From the instructors to the content to the participants, the experience was invaluable and very relevant to real world success”. - Erick Lacy, Senior Project Manager, Consigli Construction Co., Inc.
- “[The Construction Executives Institute is for] anyone who needs to learn more about the financial aspects of how to run a business and how seemingly small decisions (about labor, equipment, or even decision to bid or not) have a large and lasting effect.” - Harvey Swift, Vice President of Operations, Bennett Steel, Inc.
- “[The Construction Executives Institute allows attendees] to gain valuable understanding of many, if not all aspects of running a construction business.” - Chris Herbert, Business Development Manager, Snyder-Builds
- “The Construction Executives Institute is crucial for future company leaders. The take away from this course was important to my future success.” - Randy Mabie, Business Manager, J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc.
- “[The Construction Executives Institute allows attendees] to achieve a better understanding of overall business finance and profitability as it relates to decisions or actions by other departments.” - Chris Yokum, TSI Exterior Wall Systems, Inc.
- “[Others should consider the Construction Executives Institute program because] A majority of construction employees view their work on a project level and do not see the birds eye view and how each project affects the company.” - Steven Lamp, Secretary/Treasurer and Owner, Lamp Incorporated