Marketing & Selling Strategies
Is Your Company's Strategy Winning Work?
Creating the right go-to-market strategy is the key to winning market share and customers. The winning strategy identifies how to break in and win top clients, giving your company an edge over the competition.
Marketing & Selling Strategies provides you with strategies, concepts and tools to break in and win a market segment or geographic market. You will work in teams to take the concepts learned and create a winning, go-to-market strategy.
Marketing & Selling Strategies focuses on:
- Creating a go-to-market strategy that positions you to win work
- The importance of strategy in creating a best-in-class business development effort
- Analyzing your own business development efforts to find your company’s “crow bars” and “red flags”
- How to compete with tough contractors that insist on selling only on price
- Strategies that generate customer loyalty
- What is needed to take business development from concept to implementation
Questions Contractors Are Asking:
Contractors are asking a series of tough questions of their business development efforts:
- How do we win in today’s market?
- Where are the right growth opportunities for us?
- How do we structure the company to grow?
- Do we have the right people leading the effort?
- How do we measure progress and success?
- How do we move from concept to reality?
When senior leaders from across organizational disciplines come together to craft winning go-to-market strategies, you see results in the customers you attract and increased win rates. Bring your top team to the session to create your own winning go-to-market strategy.
If you have any questions about the program or the topics we will cover, please contact the program director, Cynthia Paul at 303.398.7206.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for:
- Vice presidents
- Heads of estimating, operations and pre-construction
- Executives responsible for business development and marketing
Bring your top team to the session to create your own winning go-to-market strategy.
Join us at the three-day seminar where you will learn:
- The mix of strategies needed to optimize company growth and profit
- How to find unmet or underdeveloped market needs
- Elements of creating a differentiated strategic advantage
- Use of touch points to uncover new opportunities and strategies to win work
- How to identify best-in-class practices in your firm using FMI’s Business Development Assessment
- Selling “up” the customer’s organization chart
- Creating clear “win” strategies to beat competitors at their own game
- How to find the real decision-makers in your targeted customers
- How to pick the customers, market and geographies that help you win more work
- The tools you need to put together the winning business development strategy for your company
What the Attendees Are Saying...
- "The course gave me the ability to think along the proper lines in order to develop a BD plan." — Pascale J. Ambrosio, Executive Vice President, Hallen Construction
- "The program contains all of the elements necessary to increase and sustain revenue goals." — Bryan Hay, Director of Business Development, Hardaway Construction
- "Great content with exceptional delivery as usual." — Dustin Rohrbach, Project Executive, Danis Building Construction Company
- "This course has provided me with great tools to enable me with business development." — Jeremiah Filjones, Kimmins Contracting Corporation
- "This course was so on-point and full of practical information…We have a lot of work to do." — Jerod Kaufman, Project Developer, Robinson Construction
- "Excellent material and tools. Cynthia Paul was outstanding at presenting and encouraging group discussion. I would highly recommend this program to anyone in the construction industry." — Darcy Dupont, Senior Manager, Business Development, ATCO Structures and Logistics
- "This program is very informing. I discovered “business development” is more than just “sales;” it can influence a process that is valuable and vital to today’s construction industry." — Joshua Payne, Business Development Manager, Southern Industrial
Business Development Services
FMI has created courses based on proven processes that will improve your business development results, win more work and grow your profitability:
FMI’s experienced team can customize a solution specifically for you. With the tools that you will gain through one of these programs or through an engagement specifically designed for your company, you will create a strategic business development vision and a structured implementation plan to differentiate your company from the competition.
Contact Cynthia Paul at 303.398.7206 to determine which option fits your needs best and will make your team most effective.
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
*welcome reception following
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
| Day 3
8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Know the role strategy plays in achieving corporate vision
- Discover tools to evaluate strategic alternatives
- Understand winning strategy development — the right markets, clients and opportunities
- Learn what it takes to beat the best competitors
- Align marketing and selling activities to drive strategic goals
Visioning Your Direction
- Explore strategic elements to build an effective business development plan
- Discuss the role core competencies play in picking your market “white space”
- Understand how branding drives your get-work process
- Discover the tools to win more work with new customers
- Recognize value propositions that win work from the competition
Market Research and Competitive Analysis
- Discover tools that give you insight into the marketplace
- Understand market sizing and forecasting — get into the right niches
- Capture what customers really think
- Know the one number you need to know
- Investigate the competitive landscape and find ways to outmaneuver the competition
Evaluating Business Development Effectiveness
- Determine which marketing and selling elements drive you toward your vision and which are holding you back
- Integrate key elements of business development in your go-to-market plan
- Learn strategies to warm up future customers to buy on value
- Analyze the impact of how your team invests its time on the outcome of your market strategy
- Evaluate your existing business development effectiveness
Attacking The Market — Building Your Go-to-Market Strategy
- Build a robust strategy to target and win market share
- Learn how to integrate corporate strategy in day-to-day selling efforts
- Create a fact-based, go-to-market plan
- Define the measurements and metrics needed to track progress
Getting From Concept to Results — Building Traction
- Learn how to target and warm up high-potential customers
- Create the go/no-go process to guide your efforts
- Use capture planning to jump-start your sales success
Learn From the Best
Cynthia Paul, managing director and practice leader for business development, works with industry firms to position them to capture market share and grow profitably. She helps create the strategic vision to differentiate you from the competition and get you positioned to win the right opportunities. Her experience with helping clients convert strategic “concepts” into everyday reality allows her to bring a hands-on approach to the training experience. You will walk away with concrete techniques to convert classroom ideas into real-life competitive advantages for your firm. Read Cynthia's full bio here.
Randy Giggard, the managing director of FMI’s Research Services Group, has expertise in market sizing and modeling, competitive analysis, sales and market performance evaluations, buying practices and trends analysis. He is responsible for design, management and performance of primary and secondary market research. He leads economic analysis, modeling, construction market forecasting and database management. Randy brings real-life experience to building fact-based, go-to-market strategies that win markets and customers. Read Randy's full bio here.
Travel & Accommodations
When making flight arrangements, please plan to arrive the day before the start date as MSS begins at 8:30 a.m. the first day. Departure flights should be booked no earlier than 4:00 p.m. on the final day. If a departure flight is not available after 4:00 p.m. to your return destination, you have the option to stay at the hotel an additional night at your expense.
The Hyatt Lodge
2815 Jorie Boulevard
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
Reservation cut off TBA.
Fees, Cancellation and Policies
The registration fee includes all workbook materials, program instruction, lunches, refreshment breaks and welcome reception. Other meals, lodging and hotel expenses are not included.
The registration fee for Marketing and Selling Strategies is as follows:
- $4,195 for the first attendee
- $3,895 for each additional attendee from the same company
Payment will be collected at time of registration.
If you need to cancel your registration, please note that you will be subject to a $395 administrative cancellation fee per registrant. We need to receive your written cancellation at least five business days before the program in order to refund your remaining tuition. Otherwise, your tuition will be converted to a nonrefundable credit you may apply toward any FMI program for a full year. Please email us at email@example.com to submit your cancellation request.
Please note: If FMI cancels the event, your registration fee will be refunded. However, FMI cannot be held accountable for nonrefundable airline tickets or other expenses related to your travel to the event.
For questions regarding FMI's cancellation policy, please call 800.877.1364.
FMI reserves the right to change, add or cancel programs according to the needs of the industry.
If you would like to make any name changes or substitute participants please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Substitutions can be made up to five business days prior to the start of the program.
Dress for the program is business casual. Weather in Chicago varies. We recommend that you check the weather for the area prior to packing. Click here to see a 10-day forecast.
After 60 years of helping the construction industry enhance performance, productivity, and profitability, we believe you will return home with the tools and information to make a difference in your work. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please inform us by calling 800.877.1364. We will refund your tuition or give you a credit to use at another FMI program.
Continuing Education Credits
You can earn up to 18 hours of continuing education credits by completing this program. A certificate of completion will be awarded to you at the conclusion of the program. You may use this certificate for self-reporting purposes to many state and local continuing education entities.
FMI Corporation is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. Website: www.nasba.org.
Group Live | Advanced | No Advanced Preparation Required