BUILDING MANAGEMENT TALENT TO DRIVE THE FUTURE GROWTH OF YOUR FIRM
About the Program
Who will run your construction company when you’re gone? What are you doing to prepare your emerging managers to become your successors to manage and lead your company into the future?
Just being a technically skilled builder is not good enough in today’s competitive construction market. Industry research shows that the construction industry has done a good job of developing the knowledge base and technical skills of employees, but a poor job of developing management skills. Although people need to have a solid foundation of technical knowledge, the most successful leaders of the future will have
also developed strong management, leadership and business skills in order to grow their company’s profitability.
- Identify your own communications style and learn practical skills for dealing with different types of individuals
- Learn the difference between leadership and management
- Understand how to create a culture of accountability, gain respect and develop people to achieve superior performance
- Build productive, long-term client relationships with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction that will help turn your clients into “raving fans”
- Learn new behaviors to improve your time-mastery skills and your personal productivity
- Develop your individual action plan that can be tracked and monitored over time to ensure lasting benefits from attending this program
Who Should Attend?
Emerging Managers Institute is designed for new managers or those identified as having supervisory responsibilities in the future. Examples include:
- New or potential managers
- Departmental managers
- Project managers
- Assistant project managers
- Project engineers
- Field leaders/foremen/superintendents
Industry demographic trends show an inevitable shortage of competent managers to take over the next generation of construction management positions. The FMI Emerging Managers Institute has been one of our most successful, interactive programs for more than 25 years. This program is designed to provide practical business management skills to build effective leaders for the future.