RALEIGH, N.C. (October 13, 2014) – In the most recent white paper released by FMI today, author Mike Rose shares an analysis of more than 75,000 salary records for calendar year 2013. Annually, the firm conducts a series compensation survey covering approximately 280 positions for the engineering and construction industries.
Key takeaways from the white paper titled “Post-Recession Transformations” include:
- Professional pay indexes have increased more than 10 percent since 2008
- Bonuses are down as much as 50 percent since 2008
- The largest compensation increases for construction professionals have occurred in five job areas:
- Business development – up 16 percent since 2009
- Project accounting – up 15 percent since 2009
- Quality Assurance – up 15 percent since 2009
- Estimating – up 11 percent since 2009
- Building Information Modeling staff – wages have risen 11 percent since 2009
To read the complete “Post-Recession Transformations” white paper click here. For reprint permission or to schedule an interview with the author, please contact Sarah Vizard Avallone at 919.785.9221 or email@example.com.