RALEIGH, N.C. – January 25, 2018. FMI Corporation, the leading provider of management consulting and investment banking services to engineering and construction, infrastructure and the built environment, is pleased to announce the release of its “2018 FMI Overview,” featuring “FMI’s Fourth Quarter 2017 Construction Outlook.” The publication offers comprehensive construction forecasts for a broad range of market segments and geographies and provides valuable insights from FMI executives on how to navigate the next 12 months.
Key highlights of the report include:
- Spending growth in 2017 has been led by residential and select private nonresidential segments.
- The top-three performing segments in 2017 include residential improvements (+14 percent), single-family residential (+8 percent) and commercial (+11 percent).
- The bottom-three performing segments include manufacturing (-16 percent), sewage and waste disposal (-14 percent) and religious (-7 percent).
- Looking ahead to 2018, FMI continues to forecast a 5 percent increase in spending levels over 2017.
- Primary growth segments in 2018 are expected to include office, commercial, residential and lodging – all with forecast growth rates of 5 percent or more.
- FMI’s key advice for 2018 is: “Don’t mistake a healthy robust market as an excuse to practice business as usual.”
Chris Daum, FMI’s CEO, states, “When developing strategic priorities for the year ahead, E&C firms should strive to stay focused on the long-term view while also taking advantage of the “now,” with the understanding that this will require good balance, solid leadership, deliberate succession planning and a holistic approach to business growth. Combined, these factors will help companies fully leverage the opportunities that are on their plates right now while also making the most out of future prospects.”
To access the “2018 FMI Overview,” please click here.
For 65 years, FMI has been the leading management consulting and investment banking firm dedicated exclusively to engineering and construction, infrastructure and the built environment.
FMI serves all sectors of the industry as a trusted advisor. More than six decades of context, connections and insights lead to transformational outcomes for clients and the industry.
FMI helps you build your foundation for tomorrow and optimize your business for today. Industry Focus. Powerful Results.
Rebecca Esler, FMI